This role will lead engineering efforts for our TIM1 product line. Responsibilities include determining polymer specifications to achieve customer target specifications, formulation and characterization. Relevant expertise includes experience working with polymer thermosets, thermoplastics, copolymers, and polymer-micro/nanoparticle composites. Knowledge of adhesion science and characterization of the physical and mechanical properties of polymer composites is required. Experience working with micro/nanoparticle coatings, surfactants, and gallium-based liquid metals is a bonus.
- Demonstrated written and oral communicational skills
- Experienced working in material/chemistry laboratories
- Broad knowledge of polymer composites
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and managing a small team of engineers
- Masters or PhD in Chemistry, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent fields
- Cover letter (1 page max) that summarizes background and interests
- Resume or Curricula Vitae
- Contact information for three references who we can contact for recommendation letters
You will be working with a small team of highly motivated and ambitious individuals with a diverse background of exceptional scientific, entrepreneurship, and industrial experiences. This position offers competitive salaries and benefits, including health care and retirement plans. This position’s start date is March 15, 2021.