Mechanical Design Engineer
Using our LMEE technology, Arieca is addressing challenges with the limited battery life of wearable healthcare technologies for continuous physiological monitoring. The Mechanical Design Engineer will lead a product development partnership with Carnegie Mellon University and Air-force Research Lab and will be responsible to design, fabricate and test energy harvesting transducer to power soft and stretchable electronic stickers. Relevant expertise includes experience with CAD/circuit design, rapid prototyping, as well as polymer composite processing and electro-mechanical characterization. Experience working with gallium-based liquid metals is a bonus.
- Demonstrated written and oral communicational skills
- Experienced working in material/microelectronics laboratories
- Broad knowledge of hardware design including microelectronics, custom PCBS or Arduinos, sensors and wireless battery charging.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and managing a small team of engineers
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Material Science, Computer Science or equivalent fields
You will be working with a small team of highly motivated and ambitious individuals with a diverse background of exceptional scientific, entrepreneurship, and industrial experiences. This position offers competitive salaries and benefits, including health care and retirement plans. This position’s start date is April 1, 2021.